Venison Hot Dish
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground venison
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can whole tomatoes - (16 oz) cut up, and juice reserved
- 1 can kidney beans - (16 oz) drained
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 1 can sliced potatoes - (16 oz) drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2-quart casserole; set aside.
Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Place in prepared 2-quart casserole; set aside.
In medium skillet, cook meat, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Add meat mixture and remaining ingredients to noodles. Mix well; cover.
Bake until hot and bubbly around edges, 35 to 45 minutes.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.