- 2 pounds elk steak
- Milk to cover steaks
- Flour to coat steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups chopped marinated artichoke hearts
Cut steaks into serving-size pieces. Pound each fillet until it is about twice its original diameter.
Place meat in shallow bowl, and add enough milk just to cover steaks. Soak steaks in milk for 15 minutes.
Drain milk and dredge meat in mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
Heat oil in skillet, add steaks and cook on one side until brown. After turning steaks to cook the other side, squeeze the juice of one lemon over the meat as it continues to cook another couple of minutes.
Add the white wine, cover, and simmer another 2 to 4 minutes.
Add the artichoke hearts, cover and simmer another 1 to 2 minutes until artichokes are heated through. Serve at once.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)