- 2 pounds elk steak
- Milk to cover steaks
- Flour to coat steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups chopped marinated artichoke hearts
Cut steaks into serving-size pieces. Pound each fillet until it is about twice its original diameter.
Place meat in shallow bowl, and add enough milk just to cover steaks. Soak steaks in milk for 15 minutes.
Drain milk and dredge meat in mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
Heat oil in skillet, add steaks and cook on one side until brown. After turning steaks to cook the other side, squeeze the juice of one lemon over the meat as it continues to cook another couple of minutes.
Add the white wine, cover, and simmer another 2 to 4 minutes.
Add the artichoke hearts, cover and simmer another 1 to 2 minutes until artichokes are heated through. Serve at once.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Dove Ravioli With Tomato-Basil... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Basic Duck Marinade 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash-Sweet... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Celery And Beef Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Ducks with... 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Venison Steaks - Instant Pot 3.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Walt's Oak Grilled Artichokes 3/5 (8 Votes)
- Easy Canned Venison 0/5 (0 Votes)