Smoky Venison Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked venison cubed
- 1/2 medium onion chopped fine
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can beer - (12 oz)
- 2 cups game or beef stock
- 1 can tomato sauce - (6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke (or hickory seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice or barley (optional)
In a hot skillet, sauté venison cubes, onion, and tomatoes in oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
Combine with liquid ingredients, seasonings, and rice or barley in kettle or large saucepan, cover, and slow simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
This recipe yields ?? servings.