Grilled Cheesy Buffalo Bacon Fries
I have done these on the or in the oven. Both taste great
- 1 bag (14 ounces) Cascadian Farm™ organic frozen crinkle-cut French fries
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (or more, if desired)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- 4 (6-inch) lengths heavy-duty aluminum foil
Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
2. Toss frozen French fries with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Place 1/4 of the fries in a single layer in the center of the first piece of foil. Loosely fold foil around edges, leaving a large hole at the top to allow steam to escape; repeat with remaining fries and foil. Place foil packets on preheated grill. Cover grill; cook 20 to 30 minutes, stirring once, until fries are crispy and baked through.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the buffalo sauce with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Carefully open the foil packets and drizzle each packet with as much of the sauce as desired. Toss fries to coat evenly. Sprinkle each packet with cheddar cheese and blue cheese, dividing the cheeses evenly among the packets. Cover the grill and cook another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
4. Remove from the grill and top with sliced green onions and bacon. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.