- Breasts, thighs and legs of 2 scoters (or other seaducks)
- Flour as needed
- 1/8 pound butter
- 6 small onions
- 5 carrots cut 1" sections
- 5 tomatoes peeled, diced (or canned equivilant)
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 quart water
- 3 tablespoons wine or cider vinegar
Remove all the orange fat along with any bloodshot areas and clotted blood from the meat. Soak overnight in salt water. Drain, dry, and cut pieces of duck in bite-sized chunks.
Dredge in flour and saute in butter until browned. Add all other ingredients and cook slowly for 2 hours.
This recipe yields ?? servings.