Zucchini Bacon Quiche Recipe
I look forward to midsummer, when the zucchini is ready and I can prepare this yummy quiche. The crust is made with convenient refrigerated crescent rolls. My family has been enjoying this quiche for years.
- 1 (8-ounce) tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 3 cups zucchini, thinly sliced (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8-ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 10-inch pie plate with points toward the center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal perforations. Spread with mustard.
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute zucchini and onion in drippings until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, seasonings, bacon and zucchini mixture. Pour into crust.
Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with a foil if pastry browns too quickly.
You'll also love
- Beef Teriyaki 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Bacon & Eggs in Toast Cups 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Raspberry-Pear Sorbet 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Michael Symon's Lemon Grilled... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Mushroom Parmesan 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Eric's Pumpkin Protein Pancakes 4.3/5 (9 Votes)