Roast Moose Supreme
- BASTING SAUCE:
- 3 pounds moose roast - (to 4)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup red cooking wine divided
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 thin slices fresh lemon
- 4 slices salt pork - (to 6)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
Soak roast in water with 1/2 cup vinegar overnight. Rinse and dry well.
Brush with wine. Shake on tenderizer, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place lemon slices on top of roast. Place salt prok on top of lemon slices. Secure with toothpicks. Place in 300 degree oven 4 to 5 hours.
In top of double boiler, melt butter; add honey, orange jucie, remainder of wine and rosemary. Baste roast often with this mixture while baking.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
Did you know that... After cooking, small roasts should sit for 10 to 15 minutes before carving; a large roast should sit for 20 to 30 minutes.