Slow-Cooked Baked Beans
- 3/4 lb thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb dried pinto beans
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
1. Cook the bacon over medium heat in a medium-size skillet. When the bacon
begins to brown, add the onions and sauté until translucent.
2. Place the beans into the slow cooker with the water, bacon, and onion.
Cover and set the slow cooker on high for 3 hours.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Combine the molasses, ketchup, mustard,
salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. After 3 hours add the sauce and stir to combine. Cover and let the beans
cook an additional hour.