Mohonk Mountain House Sole Marie
- 1 fresh skinless sole fillet - (4 to 5 oz)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 1/4 fresh pear sliced, seeded, and fanned
- 1/4 cup Swiss pear-flavored mineral water (or unsweetened pear nectar)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry white wine (or dry vermouth)
- 1/4 cup evaporated skim milk
- Fresh dill for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly season skin side of fillet with salt and peper, fold ends under with skin-side down, place in an oven-safe saute pan that has been sprayed with vegetable oil. Place fanned pear on top, add mineral water and wine. Cover with foil and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove fish to a warmed plate with a slotted spatula, allowing juices to drip back into the pan. Add evaporated skim milk to juices, reduce to desired consistency over medium heat, stirring ocasionally.
When reduced, pour over fish, or serve on the side. Garnish with sprig of fresh dill.
This recipe yields 1 serving.