Lemon Spinach Roast Kangaroo
- LEMON SPINACH FILLING:
- 1 pound boneless kangaroo filet
- Olive oil for roasting
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- 1 cup roughly-chopped small spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely-diced carrots
- 1/2 cup finely-diced celery
- 1 pound tomatoes chopped (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
For filling, heat olive oil in a small pan, fry garlic for a few seconds until golden. Stir through spinach until leaves just wilt. Remove, mix in remaining ingredients well.
Cut a pocket in the side of the filets. Carefully spoon in lemon-spinach filling, pressing firmly. Place meat together around filling and tie with string. Rub surface with olive oil.
Place on small ovenproof tray, roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove, cover loosly with foil, stand for 10 minutes before carving.
For sauce, heat oil in saucepan, fry vegetables over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in tomatoes and wine, simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, until sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Season with pepper.
Carve kangaroo across the grain into 8 slices, using a sharpe knife. Serve with tomato sauce and cooked saffron rice, and extra parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)