Kangaroo Pepper Steak With Mushroom Sauce
- 2 1/4 pounds kangaroo fillet or grilling steak
- Flour as needed
- 2/3 pound mushrooms chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk - (13 1/2 oz)
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 teaspoons coarse-ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons Beerenberg Bavarian prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
Sprinkle steaks with flour and pepper, and rub in, both sides.
Heat oil and quickly cook steaks until juices appear on the top surface, (about 3 minutes per side). Remove steaks to a warm plate to rest.
Add butter to pan and saute oion and mushrooms for 4 minutes. Add wine to pan and boil down until almost dry, stirring add coconut milk and stir until it starts to thicken. Stir in mustard. Add salt to taste.
Pour mushroom sauce over steaks, and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve with a side salad.
This recipe yields ?? servings.