- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds halibut steaks
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- Paprika to taste
- Fresh lemon and lime juice
- Chopped fresh parsley
Combine wine and salt; pour over halibut. Marinate, refrigerate at least 1 hour. Drain halibut on paper towels. Dip both sides in bread crumbs; place in buttered baking dish.
Make sauce by combining sour cream, mayonnaise and green onion; spread over halibut. (Optional: Add fresh lemon and lime juice, dill, and parsley to sauce.)
Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 500 degrees for 15 minutes until halibut flakes easily when tested with a fork.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)