Grilled Ostrich Medallions
- 1 1/4 pounds ostrich or emu medallions or partially frozen Perfect Portion fillet see * Note
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tspn dried rosemary)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
* Note: Perfect Portion fillets are precut into 1-inch-thick, 3- or 5-ounce medallions. They are easier to slice when partially frozen.
Cut ostrich in 3/8-inch horizontal slices; pat dry with paper towels.
In shallow dish, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Put the ostrich slices in the marinade, turning them once to coat both sides. Cover the dish with plastic wrap add refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
Heat the grill or broiler. Lightly grease the grill.
Cook the meat for 1 minute a side over medium heat or until the inside is still slightly pink. Serve hot.
This recipe yields 4 servings.