Grilled Lemon-Marinated Tuna With Cherry Tomato Splat
- FOR THE TUNA:
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs - (ea abt 4" long)
- 3 pounds center-cut tuna cut 6 slices
- 2 about 2" thick
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- FOR THE SPLAT:
- 1 lemon
- 2 fresh rosemary springs - (ea abt 4" long)
- 1 garlic clove sliced paper-thin
- 2 teaspoons finely-minced fresh red hot pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes briefly plunged
- into boiling, then cold water, skins
Prepare the Tuna: Remove the leaves from the rosemary sprigs. Marinate the sliced tuna with the rosemary leaves, olive oil and lemon zest and juice for about 1 hour.
Prepare the Splat: Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Peel the zest from the lemon, using a vegetable peeler, and finely julienne. Juice the lemon. Combine the lemon zest and juice, rosemary, garlic, hot pepper, salt and oil in a heatproof bowl.
Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet or jelly-roll pan and roast for 12 minutes. Immediately place the roasted tomatoes into the heatproof bowl. Smash them with a fork and incorporate the other ingredients. The intense heat of the tomatoes will cook the other ingredients.
Start a fire in a grill. Grill the tuna for 2 minutes on each side, until pink inside.
Serve immediately with Tomato Splat.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)