Strawberry-Arugula Salad With Sweet Lime Vinaigrette
Sweet lime vinaigrette adds acidity and brightness to this salad of spicy arugula and sweet strawberries.
- 8 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 10 cups baby arugula
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, crumbled with the tip of a knife (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toss the strawberry slices, arugula and parmesan crumbles in a large bowl.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Vigorously whisk together the mustard, sugar, lime juice and orange juice in a medium bowl, whisking between additions to dissolve all the ingredients. Add the olive oil in a thin stream while whisking with the other hand.
(This is a perfect time to ask for an extra hand, or place the bowl in the center of a dish towel curled into a circle around the base to stabilize it.)
Taste and season with a pinch of salt, if needed, and a grind or two of pepper. Toss the salad with some of the dressing and serve the rest on the side.
You'll also love
- Tomato Soup Carrot Spice Muffins... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- "CRAB CHILI" 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Greek Salad with Lemon Oregano... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberry Creme Truffles - GF 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Italian Stuffed Zucchini 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Sweet Black Cherry Crisp 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Oat & Thyme... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chick-Fil-A Carrot Raisin Salad 4.2/5 (11 Votes)