Cheesy Chicken Meatballs
"I have abandoned fatty ground beef in favor of healthier options such as ground chicken and turkey. I can ensure with the perfect additions, these will not be bland nor dry - you will not be missing the beef here."
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese/sub laughing cow garlic & herb or Allouette
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning/sub1/2 tbsp.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil/sub olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt/sub 1/2 tsp.
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- EDIT: only use i egg and don't add extra oil.
- If the mixture is too moist add breadcrumbs.
Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with cooking spray.
Combine the chicken, eggs, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
Form mixture into 20 meatballs; place on prepared pan.
Bake in center of preheated oven until juices run clear, 17 to 18 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Serve with a sage cream or butter sauce or alfredo.