Coleslaw - Creamy for Pulled Pork
- 1 large head cabbage, cleaned, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat evenly. Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.
To assemble the sandwiches, toss the shredded pork with the barbecue sauce, adding the sauce a little at a time until the meat is well moistened. Pile equal amounts of the meat onto hamburger buns and dress with the slaw.