Pimiento Cheese Spread
Traditionally you think of it as a sandwich filling, but it also makes a great snack or appetizer when served on celery sticks or an assortment of crackers. Also good in potato salad and deviled eggs.
- 3 - 4 ounces cream cheese (1-3 oz pkg or half of an 8 oz package)
- 1/3 cup real mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 (8 oz) package Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 oz) jar diced pimientos, drained well and blotted dry with paper towels
- 1 - 2 tablespoons finely diced pickled jalapeno peppers, (optional)
- ((NOTE- Non-fat plain Greek yogurt may be substituted for the mayo, if desired.))
In a medium bowl, using hand mixer beat the first seven ingredients until smooth.
Add the shredded cheese, pimientos, and diced jalapenos (if using), beating until desired consistency is reached. (I like it a little chunky).
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Store in the refrigerator.