Mojo Steak Marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 6 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
1. Combine soy, oil, sugar, cumin, oregano, zest, garlic, cilantro, and pepper in medium bowl. Remove 1/4 cup of marinade and combine with orange juice and vinegar in small bowl; set aside.
2. Place remaining marinade and steaks in gallon-size zipper-lock bag; press out as much air as possible and seal bag. Refrigerate 1 hour, flipping bag after 30 minutes to ensure that steaks marinate evenly.
3. Remove steaks from marinade, letting any excess marinade drip back into bag. Discard bag and marinade. Grill steaks as desired.
4. Transfer steaks to shallow pan and pour reserved marinade over top. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes, turning meat halfway through. Slice steak or serve whole, passing reserved marinade if desired.