- 2 pounds venison steak
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 medium onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Flour as needed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup burgundy wine
- 1 can mushrooms - (4 oz)
- 1/2 pint sour cream
Cut venison into 1-inch pieces. Tenderize and set aside.
Saute garlic, onions, and butter in a skillet until soft and brown. Remove onions and garlic from pan.
Brown venison slowly. Return onions and garlic to pan. Thicken with flour and water. Add salt and pepper. Simmer 1 1/2 hours.
Add mushrooms, herbs, and wine. Simmer 15 minutes. Add sour cream and serve over wild rice.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)