Marinated Cheese Appetizer
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, chilled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 510mins
Adapted from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
Cut cheddar cheese and cream cheese into 1/4 inch slices, then again in half.
Using a small dish with a little bit of an edge, place cheese slices on end alternating between cheddar and cream cheese slices.
Make the marinade by combining sugar, basil, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, onion and garlic.
Pour marinade over cheese, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Take out of the refrigerator about 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with sliced baguettes or triscuits (low-salt).