Big Game Meatloaf Supreme
- 2 pounds deer, antelope, elk or moose burger
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup venison stock or beef broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 small tomatoes peeled, halved, and seeded
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9- by 5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except tomatoes; mix well.
Pat half of meat mixture into prepared pan. Arrange tomatoes on meat mixture, leaving 1/2 inch around edges of pan. Spread remaining meat mixture over tomatoes, pressing well around edges to seal.
Bake until well browned, about 1 1/2 hours. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove to serving platter.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.