- 8 oz fresh or frozen shrimp
- 8 oz fettucine
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small unpeeled zucchini cut into julienne strips
- 1 c whipping cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- finely grated peel of one lemon
Bring water to a full rolling boil. If shrimp are frozen, rinse with cold water to remove ice crystals.
Measure and chop all ingredients before starting to cook.
Add pasta to boiling water. Boil rapidly until “al dente”
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large wide skillet. Add garlic and zucchini and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add cream, cheese, lemon and pepper. Stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until just done.
Drain the pasta well, but do not rinse. Add the cream sauce to the pasta and mix well. Turn into serving dish.