Spana Jib'n(syrian spinach and cheese pie)
- 2 tbs oil for saute(optional)
- 1 large onion,diced
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach,defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 cups farmer cheese or cottage cheese
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- large pinch of feta cheese or sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 Spray a 9" pie pan or square 8x8 with nonstick spray. Saute onion in oil til soft and translucent. Alternately you can saute in a little bit of water for around 5 min. in the micro. Just mix halfway through.
In a large bowl mix onion ,spinach and remaining ingredients until well combined. pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-60 min until golden brown and firm.