Venison Pot Pie
- 2 pounds venison stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 (9-inch) prepared pastry dough
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1) Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a 9-inch deep pie dish.
2) Season venison with salt and pepper. Roll in flour to coat.
3) Heat butter in a large skillet over medium. Add venison and brown on all sides, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add onions, carrots, and garlic; cook until softened, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add wine, peas, broth, and Bay leaves; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer over medium-low 20 minutes.
4) Transfer mixture to prepared pie dish. Cover with prepared pastry dough and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until top is golden and juices are bubbly.
You'll also love
- Creamy Squash Pudding 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cumin Flavored Peas & Carrots 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Italian Sausage Burgers 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Lamb Shanks 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Veal Chops with Mustard 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- How to Spatchcock Cornish Hens 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Venison (or Steak or Chicken)... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)