Two-Layer Fish Tostada
- 4 fish fillets - (6 to 8 oz ea) skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ears fresh corn shucked
- 8 corn tortillas fried flat in oil, and drained on paper towels (or buy them already fried and flat)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans drained
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese
- 1 red onion sliced thin rings
- 1 1/2 cups green chile salsa (make your own or buy prepared)
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Season fish with seasoned salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook fish on both sides. Remove fish from pan and add corn kernels. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Break fish apart into large chunks.
For each tostada, place one tortilla on a plate. Top with one-fourth of the beans and corn. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, a few onion rings some fish and some salsa. Place the second tortilla over the salsa. Place 2 tomato slices on the tortilla. Add some more fish, then some salsa, some lettuce, more cheese and a tablespoon of sour cream.
This recipe yields 4 servings.