Sweet And Sour Fish
- 4 fish fillets - (6 to 8 oz ea)
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 green onions diced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium carrot peeled, sliced thin
- 2 medium zucchini halved lengthwise, and then cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fish or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 1/2 cups cubed (1") fresh pineapple
- 4 cups warm cooked rice
Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add fish fillets and lightly brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Add cut carrots, zucchini and bell pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, fish or chicken broth, vinegar, apricot preserves and cornstarch mixture. Add pineapple and return fish to the pan to warm.
To serve, place fish, vegetables and sauce over rice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Either a wok or a decent large non-stick skillet will work for this dish. Adjust the flavor of the sauce to your liking by adding more apricot preserves or rice vinegar -- the sweet and sour parts.