Grilled Steak Bruschetta
Fire up the grill for this stick-to-your-ribs appetizer that is sure to please at your next dinner party or for that special someone on date night. Crunchy Italian bread topped with savory steak grilled to your liking and topped with spicy arugula and crumbled blue cheese, this recipe is sure to find a place in your arsenal of tried-and-true favorites.
- 2 1-inch thick beef tenderloin steaks (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup jarred bruschetta topping or vegetable salad of your choice
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 28mins
Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill with the grill cover closed over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium, 160°F; well-done, 170°F). Let rest for 5 minutes.
Grill bread, covered, for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until toasted; place on salad plates.
Thinly slice steak and arrange over toast. Top with arugula and bruschetta topping; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Drizzle with dressing.
You'll also love
- Lemony Chicken Salad in Tomato... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crusty Puffed Potatoes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef with Broccoli, Bell Pepper... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta with Bacon & Peas 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cornbread & Gorgonzola Dressing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach, Pesto, and Cheese Lasagne 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Pasta with Spinach and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Almost White Castle Hamburgers 4/5 (1 Votes)