Spicy Asian Tuna Burger With Wasabi Mayo
- WASABI MAYONNAISE:
- 2 pounds fresh tuna cut 1" to 2" pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili sauce - (to 2)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko) (or sub "regular" breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi paste or more to taste
In a food processor, pulse tuna until the meat is in pieces about the size of a garbanzo bean. Add to a bowl with all of the remaining ingredients except the breadcrumbs. Using your hands, combine ingredients. Add breadcrumbs and mix with hands.
Form a ball about 4 inches in diameter. Press together to form a patty about 3/4- to 1-inch thick. If the patty is too moist, add a little more breadcrumbs. If it's too dry, add some mayonnaise.
Patties can be grilled, broiled or pan-seared. Serve on a bun with fresh tomato, lettuce, red onion and wasabi mayonnaise.
Wasabi Mayonnaise: Combine all ingredients to make mayonnaise. If you like it hot, add more wasabi, but remember that the patties have some heat also.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)