Shrimp, corn and scallion risotto
- 4 1/2-5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 T olive oil
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
- 1 1/4 ounces freshly grated Parmigiana-Reggiano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from fitnessmagazine.com
Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover and lower to a simmer.
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring, until translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, until glossy and slightly translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup broth, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until most broth is absorbed, 3-4 minutes. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, until rice is slightly al dente, 19-20 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and corn and cook, stirring until shrimp is cooked through and corn is crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Add all but 1 T Parmigiana-Reggiano, scallion greens and salt and cook 1 minute more. Garnish with remaining cheese.
You'll also love
- Sweet & Spicy Guava Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Fried Donuts – Low... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon-Avocado Spaghetti with... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Zesty Salmon Burgers with Dill... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Skillet Scalloped Potatoes 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Escalloped Corn 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Shrimp Stir Fry - Pioneer Woman 4.6/5 (14 Votes)