Pineapple-Almond Goose Stir Fry
- 3 Canadian or speckled goose breast halves - (to 4), skinned
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup thinly-sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 cups cubed fresh or canned pineapple
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds lightly toasted in
- a 350 degree oven
Slice goose breast halves very thinly across the "grain" of the meat. (Note: Place breasts in the freezer until almost frozen before slicing. This will enable you to make the thinnest slices possible.) Season sliced goose breasts with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to hot oil and cook for 30 seconds. Add goose and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add vegetables and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients except pineapple chunks and almonds and bring to boil.
Stir in pineapple and almonds. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)