I quite often substitute Feta cheese for the Parmesan in this recipe.
- 450 g penne pasta
- 1/2 cup (approx) basil pesto
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente; drain well. Transfer to heated serving dish. If using “dry” sun-dried tomatoes, soak in boiling water for 15 minutes to soften, then chop. Add pesto to hot pasta and toss. If pesto is a little too thick to blend in, add 1 tbsp pasta cooking water or hot water. Stir in cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts; season to taste with pepper. Use a cheese plane or vegetable peeler to make Parmesan cheese shavings; sprinkle on top of pasta. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if using.