Peppered Venison Appetizer
- 2 pounds venison strip loin or tenderloin
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mixed peppercorns crushed
- 1 loaf sourdough or French baguette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs your choice
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
Rub venison with mustard. Combine salt and peppercorns and evenly coat venison. Grill or broil until just barely browned on the outside, but still rare on the inside. Allow to cool.
Slice bread into 1/4-inch thick slices. Combine oil and garlic and brush over sliced bread. Toast in a 350 degree oven until lightly browned. Cool.
Slice cooled venison as thinly as possible. Combine mayonnaise and herbs. Place a dollop of mayonnaise on each toast. Top with sliced venison and garnish with a parsley sprig.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 appetizer servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)