Pan Seared Quail With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Puree
- 4 whole quail cleaned
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 2 small thyme sprigs leaves only
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (adjust heat to your desire)
- 4 red bell peppers roasted, skinned, and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls watercress
Heat 1/2 cup olive oil in a large skillet. Season quail with salt and pepper and place in pan. Brown quail on both sides about 4 to 5 minutes each. When they are golden brown, remove pan from stovetop and place into preheated oven at 350 degrees for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Sauté shallots for about 1 minute. Add garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes. Sauté about 1 more minute. Add roasted red bell peppers and parsley. Stir and remove from heat. Puree in a blender or kitchen processor. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove quail from oven. Serve over a bed of watercress accompanied by the roasted pepper puree.
This recipe yields 2 dinner or 4 appetizer servings.
You'll also love
- Margarita Smoked Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Venison With Beerbecue... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Halibut With Nectarine And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goose Breast With Spiced Apples... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish, Tomato, Avocado And Basil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck With Horseradish Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers 0/5 (0 Votes)