Grilled Halibut With Nectarine And Cherry Salsa
- 4 halibut fillets - (6 to 8 oz ea) skin removed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium nectarines flesh chopped
- into 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup cherries seeded, halved
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper seeded, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 green onions, white part and abt half of the green minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Season fish liberally with salt and pepper. Place on a medium-heat grill until just cooked. Flip fish over half way through cooking if you are confident that it will remain intact.
To prepare salsa, combine all ingredients and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. To serve, place fish on plate and spoon salsa over middle half. Do not smother fish with salsa.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
If your halibut has a habit of sticking to the grill, it's a good idea to leave the skin on while cooking and then remove the skin before serving. For best grilling results, spray some pan spray on the grates before lighting, set skin-side down on grates and don't flip it unless you're sure it will work. Close the lid on the 'cue and the fish will cook throughout.
You'll also love
- Nectarine Pizza with Fresh Basil... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Nectarine Tart 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Potato, Onion And Pea Champ 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai-Style New Zealand Green Shell... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Marinated Fish With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Ham With Orange Pan Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Snapper In A Coconut Curry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Halibut With An... 0/5 (0 Votes)