Green Chile Vinaigrette For Fish
- 1 roasted green chilies - (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. While motor is running, add oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve some extra on the side or save for another time. Also makes a tasty marinade for fish, poultry, pork or upland game.
This recipe yields ?? servings.