Cherry Tomato and Basil Dressing
Adapted from “Eat Your Vegetables: Bold Recipes for the Single Cook,” by Joe Yonan (Ten Speed Press, 2013).
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, stemmed, each cut in half
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (may substitute walnuts)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
COMBINE the tomatoes, oil, basil, pine nuts, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a blender; puree until creamy and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender jar as needed. Taste, and add salt if needed.
TRANSFER to a container with a tight-fitting lid; use right away, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Per serving: 100 calories, 0 g protein, 1 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 0 g dietary fiber, 0 g sugar.
Yield: 12 servings (about 1 1/2 cups).