Goose Breast With Spiced Apples And Dried Cherries
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter chilled
- 2 skinless goose breast half fillets - (to 4)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Place the apples into a medium saucepan with 3/4 cup water, brown sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until apples are just tender, about 10 minutes. Add cherries and simmer another 5 minutes.
Drain liquid and stir in cinnamon, coriander, cayenne pepper and butter. Keep warm, but just warm. If sauce becomes too cool and congeals, heat over very low heat while stirring until warm, but not hot.
Slice goose breasts widthwise in half so that the thickness is roughly one-half of pre-sliced thickness. Season goose breasts with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown breasts evenly on both sides until medium-rare. Spoon apple and cherry mixture onto each plate and top with duck breasts.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (705 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)