Fish With Green Coconut Curry Sauce
- 4 fish fillets - (6 to 8 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (Asian section of your market)
- 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon green curry paste (you can always add more)
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 green onions, white and green part chopped
Season fish with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet and add fish. Lightly brown fish on one side. Flip fish over and cook for 1 minute.
Add onion, garlic, fish sauce and soy sauce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Add coconut milk and ginger. Remove fish when just cooked and keep warm.
Stir in curry paste, lime juice, brown sugar and green onion. Heat to a boil. Taste the sauce. If you want it hotter, add a little more curry paste.
To serve, arrange fish on plates and spoon sauce over.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Asian curry pastes are a whole different ballgame. There are yellow, red and green curry pastes. You will find them in the Asian section of your market. If not, try an Asian market. What, no Asian markets in your town? Try the internet. You can get anything, and I mean anything, on the net.
Asian curry pastes are aromatic and spicy. When balanced with the sweetness and body of coconut milk, the pastes mellow out and don't overpower the fish. Coconut milk is in the Asian section of your market also. Don't get the really sweet stuff used for making piña coladas.
If you like your food hot and spicy, use a little more of the paste. Add a little at a time and give the paste some time to warm up before adding more. This recipe is great with just about any fish. I prepare it most often with albacore, dorado and yellowtail. It's great with steamed rice and sautéed vegetables.
You'll also love
- Dove Ravioli With Tomato-Basil... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Basic Duck Marinade 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash-Sweet... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Lobster's Garlic Cheese Sticks 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Applebee's Vegetable Medley 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sonny's Smoked Fish 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cedar Creek Inn Coconut Supreme... 3.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Coconut Cake with 7-Minute Frosting 0/5 (0 Votes)