Ed Broskey's Duck Jerky
- 1 1/2 pounds duck breast sliced thinly
- into 1/4" slices
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid hickory smoke flavoring
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoon cream sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
Combine all ingredients and meat into a zip lock bag. Refrigerate overnight, knead and turn bags several times during marinating process to mix in. Drain off liquids and put into dehydrator. Follow dehydrator instructions or to your meat textured liking.
If you don't have a dehydrator, you can turn your oven on to 150 to 200 degrees and dry for 5 to 7 hours or until meat feels hard, pat off excess fat beads and let cool. When using the oven, prop the door open slightly with a wooden spoon to allow moisture to escape.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
Ed offers this tip -- try slicing the breasts with an electric knife when still a bit frozen. It will keep the slices more uniform and won't tear up the meat. We both agree that this recipe would work great with just about any type of wild game. Ed has tried it with both goose and venison. Thanks for sharing Ed.