Duck, Mushrooms And Polenta
- 6 duck breast halves - (to 8) skin intact
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper and 1 teaspoon garlic powder and also
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease or olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cup quartered mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Warm cooked polenta
- Grated jack cheese
Dredge duck breasts with seasoned flour. Heat grease or oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add breasts, skin-side down and cook until skin is crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes. Flip breasts over and add garlic and onion. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add wine and half of chicken broth, bring to a boil and reduce liquid to about 1 cup. Add remaining broth, cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour. Add additional wine if liquid evaporates too fast. Liquid should be at least 1/2 inch deep.
Stir in mushrooms and basil and cook until mushrooms are just tender. Add tomato and heat to warm. Season with salt and pepper. Serve cooked duck breasts over polenta and top with cheese before serving.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Polenta is available at most major grocery stores. It is very easy to make, just follow the directions on the bag.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)