Duck Egg Rolls
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 1/2 cups thinly-sliced boned skinless duck breast (across the grain)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green or Nappa cabbage
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (Asian section of your grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
Combine sliced duck with next three ingredients and marinate for 30 minutes. Drain ducks. Stir-fry duck in hot peanut oil for 45 to 60 seconds over high heat in a wok or skillet. Transfer to paper towels to cool.
For each egg roll, lay the wrapper on a flat surface. Place about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the cabbage on the lower third of the wrapper forming an area of about 1 inch tall by 3 inches wide. Arrange apricots and cooked duck on top of cabbage. Turn in sides of wrapper to just overlap stuffing.
Begin rolling egg roll by starting at the edge nearest you and rolling away from you, like a burrito. When you get to the edge, moisten it with a little or the cornstarch mixture to help it seal. Place egg roll in hot oil, enough to submerse it and fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain fried rolls on paper towels.
Combine sauce ingredients and serve with fried egg rolls.
This recipe yields 4 appetizer servings.
You'll also love
- Duck Creole 0/5 (0 Votes)