- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 6 large duck breast half fillets - (to 8)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Add first 4 ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add cranberries and simmer until cranberries soften. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust flavor to suit your own taste. If the sauce is too tart, stir in a little sugar. Too sweet, a little more vinegar. You get the idea.
Season the duck breasts liberally with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add duck breasts and sear on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip over brown other side until breasts are rare to medium-rare. Remove breasts from skillet and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
Slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Spoon a little sauce on each plate and shingle breast slices over sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Duck Breast with Pineapple Cherry... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch 4.3/5 (45 Votes)
- Potato, Onion And Pea Champ 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai-Style New Zealand Green Shell... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin En Croute 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Marinated Fish With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Ham With Orange Pan Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Pork With Rosemary-Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)