Citrus Glazed Wild Turkey Breasts
- 2 wild turkey breast halves rib cage removed, skin intact
- 2 cups diced smoky bacon cooked until done, but not crispy
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 oranges peeled, seeded, and segments chopped or mashed
- 2 lemons peeled, seeded, and segments chopped or mashed
- 2 limes peeled, seeded, and segments chopped or mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 pinch salt
Combine bacon and pepper and work between the skin and the breast meat with your fingers.
Combine garlic with remaining ingredients and bring to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened. Allow to cool.
Baste turkey breasts with cooled glaze and place in a shallow baking pan or dish in preheated 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the breasts.
When glaze is golden brown, breasts are close to done (internal temperature of 145 degrees). Baste again before serving. Slice meat across the grain and drizzle any leftover sauce over meat.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)