Banana Berry Bombs
Moist banana-blueberry muffins with oats and flaxseed
You’ll be blown away by the great taste and moist texture of these banana-blueberry muffins! Flavor explosion! Ka-pow!
Per muffin: 183 calories, 5.7 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 3.7 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 3.1 g fiber, 26 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup each all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large or 4 small)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Adapted from janetandgreta.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
Combine oats, both flours, sugar, ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together bananas, butter and egg. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
Divide batter among 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins
You'll also love
- Coconut Sour-Cherry Granola 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Crawfish Étouffée 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Nectarine Pizza with Fresh Basil... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Pie 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Dessert Misc: Blackberry Finaciers 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana cream cheescake 4.8/5 (4 Votes)