- 2 whole trout - (abt 16 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 thinly-sliced onion rings
- 6 slices tomato
- 2 pieces butcher string - (each abt 2 feet long)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Season fish inside and out with salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into each cavity. Pack equal portion of basil, garlic, onion and tomato into cavity. Tie a loop around one end of each fish and make a few more loops around the fish, securing the stuffing.
Brush fish with oil. Place on a medium-low heat barbecue grate for 5 to 7 minutes then flip over cook other side about 7 minutes more or until skin is crisp and fish is just-cooked throughout.
To serve, cut string and place fish on plate.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
When cooking whole fish, figure on about 1 pound per person after cleaning and removing the head. If you are lucky enough to have caught a big one, place the fish farther away from the heat and take your time cooking it.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)