Barbecued Fish Wrap
- 1 1/2 pounds firm fish fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste
- 1 red bell pepper quartered
- 1 yellow onion cut thick slices
- 1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked black beans warm
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 extra-large flour tortillas warm
Combine salt, olive oil, lime juice, garlic and hot sauce. Pour over fish in a plastic, glass or ceramic container, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Grill fish, bell pepper and onion over ash-white coals until lightly browned.
For each wrap, spread a tablespoon of sour cream across tortilla. Layer equal portions of fish, pepper, onion, black beans and avocado in a rectangular mound on the tortilla. Fold the bottom edge over and roll the wrap from one side, leaving one end open.
This recipe yields 4 servings.