- 4 young squirrels each cut 6 to 8
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup onion sliced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves minced
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups warm cooked rice
Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder and flour. Dredge squirrels in flour mixture.
Cook bacon in a heavy skillet over medium heat until browned. Fry squirrel pieces in bacon grease until medium brown. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for about 1 1/2 hours or until squirrel pieces are tender.
Serve with warm rice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.5/5 (227 Votes)
- Potato & Bacon Potato Salad 4.5/5 (218 Votes)