Corn Salad with Cilantro Dressing
- 2 cups corn (fresh is exceptional, canned is still
- really good)
- 1 cup or can of black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red and green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium-sized nonstick frying pan, heat the wine and braise the corn and garlic on medium-high heat until wine is totally evaporated. Toss in the bell pepper and onion and saute for 3 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Combine dressing ingredients and toss with corn and peppers. Best served at room temperature.