mocha butter cream
- 1 cup (225 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups (448 grams) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of your favorite coffee (cooled to room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon (14.3 grams) instant espresso powder (i used espresso but was a little lose powder would be better)
- 2 tablespoons (28.3 grams) cocoa powder, plus more for garnish
Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
Slowly add the powdered sugar and salt.
Mix the cream, espresso, coffee, salt, and cocoa powder together, then slowly add to the frosting while beating the mixture. You may not need all of the liquid.